1 2 3 4 5

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4: Top 10 Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet




Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesdays! This is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they present a topic, and bloggers from all around give us their lists. This week's topic - Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet.



1. Lord of the Rings  by J.R.R. Tolkien ~ A classic, I know. And one I've always planned to read. I even have this version in my Kindle! 





2. The Darkest Powers  Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong ~ I've read every single book in the Women of the Underworld  series (some multiple times!), but I haven't gotten around to this one yet.







3. The Kinsey Millhone series by Sue Grafton ~ I've always heard good things about this series. I think the fact that she's almost through the alphabet is a little intimidating.









4. The Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews ~ Another series I've heard wonderful things about.









5. The Riftwar Cycle books by Raymond E. Feist ~ Another long-lived series...another daunting task. Someday :)










6.  The Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter






There are so many others out there, it would take me days to list them all. :)  What do you think? Which of these should I get on soon? 

6 comments:

  1. Of your list I really want to read LORD OF THE RINGS, THE DARKEST POWERS and KATE DANIELS.

    I don't really know much about the other three, but I have heard some good things about JANE YELLOWROCK.

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue Grafton's books are easy, fast reads, so don't be intimidated by their volume.

    Keep in mind, too, that Kinsey is still stuck in the 80s--Grafton is writing them chronologically, starting around '86, so Kinsey still uses a typewriter, notecards, and doesn't own a cell phone. It is, however, nice to read a book where the answers aren't at someone's fingertips instantly because of technology, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first two books in the darkest powers series but have yet to read them. I love Kelley Armstrong! Her darkness rising series is amazing! NEW FOLLOWER!
    Check out my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of a lot of these series, but I've wanted to read The Summoning. I've heard so many great things about Kelley Armstrong's writing.
    New follower :)

    My TTT

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had Feist's Riftwar Cycle (Midkemia Series) on my TBR list for ever ever. With the last and 29th book in the series releasing this May, I think I'll finally get started this spring/summer.

    The Katie Daniels series and the Jane Yellowrock series sound really good too. I've heard great things about both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate daniels series is a must read^^

    ReplyDelete