Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they present a topic, and bloggers from all over share their Top Ten lists. This week's topic - Top Ten Favorite Romances!
When I first saw this week's topic, I started thinking about some of my favorite fictional couples, Here, in no special order, are some of my favorites.
- Roarke and Eve (In Death, JD Robb) ~ From the first time they met in Naked in Death, I knew that this would be a fun relationship. And I was right.
- Georgina and Seth (Georgina Kincaid, Richelle Mead) ~ They were such a great couple. The obstacles and struggles they went through made them real for me.
- Stephanie and Morelli (Stephanie Plum, Janet Evanovich) ~ An absolutely fun couple. When they're 'on', they are great. When they're 'off', they are even more fun!
- Jamie and Nat (Modern Witch, Debora Geary) ~ Jamie & Nat are the first couple to hook up in the series, but not the last. The beginning of their relationship was sweet, and they have grown into a strong couple in Witch Central.
- Harry and Ginny (Harry Potter, JK Rowling) ~ Even though they don't become a 'couple' until toward the end of the series, it's still a sweet romance to me.
- Ron and Hermione (Harry Potter, JK Rowling) ~ While you could see this one coming early in the series, it was written so well that you couldn't help but cheer for them.
- Adam and Mercy (Mercedes Thompson, Patricia Briggs) ~ Their relationship may have started and a bit...rocky, but they have become a solid couple in a fantastic series.
- Elena and Clay (Women of the Underworld, Kelley Armstrong) ~ Not the only couple to hook up during the series, but certainly the most entertaining.
- Jaenelle and Daemon (Black Jewels, Anne Bishop) ~ Seeing what they went through, both separately and together, made them very special as a couple.
- Elspeth and Darkwind (Valdemar: Mage Winds, #1 Mercedes Lackey) ~ The early Valdemar books are some of my all-time favorite fantasy stories. This relationship was special for so many reasons, and is still one of my favorites.
There you have it - some of my favorite romances from some of my favorite books. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! <3